- According to the ITAU Constitution, there are many types of membership, among which include Ordinary Membership and Bonafide Membership.
- Ordinary membership is free and open to all ICT and Computer Studies teachers in Uganda – all they need to do is to register with ITAU, join the network of the association and participate in the general programs of the association like the workshops, forums, etc.
- Bonafide Membership is upon payment of an annual subscription fee. During a meeting on 8th March 2019, the ITAU executive agreed upon an annual fee of UGX 5,000 (Five thousand Uganda shillings only) for bonafide membership. The following are the additional benefits for bonafide (subscribed) members:
- Having higher rights as enshrined in the constitution e.g to propose amendments, move a vote of no confidence as per section 5.5 of the constitution, hold the executives to account for any ITAU programs / activities etc.
- Getting publishing rights on the ITAU website.
- Getting an @ictteachersug.net Email address (upon request)
- Being added to a special bonafides mailing list and / or WhatsApp group.
- Getting access to special ITAU resources for bonafides
- Advertising and selling items through the website and ITAU mailing list and social media forums.
- Special consideration / free entry to some ITAU professional development programs/ activities such as workshops, meetups which will be organized from time to time in different regions across the country.
- Special recognition and listing as a bonafide member in the ITAU records / website.
- Having a verified þ profile page on ITAU Website,
- NB: The money collected from members subscription is the members free-will support to ITAU towards Association programs and mitigation of costs like website hosting and maintenance, ITAU office rent and other executive / administrative expenses. Full accountability to be included in accounts during the ITAU AGM.
How to pay online:
Click on the Add to Cart button at the top of this page or below, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear.
Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. Contact us in case of any assistance.