Following a call for nomination of representatives from all regions to fill the vacant posts on the ITAU Executive, the following ICT Teachers have been duly nominated under the stated posts.
NB: We received a total of 53 nomination form submissions, from the entire country but nominations have not been successful because only the those of teachers who are physically based and teaching in the area of representation were considered valid.
Secretary General Northern Region
1. ABEDI George, Aluka Secondary School – ZOMBO, 0780197650 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an obligation to make ITAU great and it’s influence wide spread. Am just committed to making this dream come true coz i have personally benefited a lot so far.
Secretary General Western Region
1. Mugisha Otto, Biguli sec school – KAMWENGE, 0781884466/ email@example.com
Publicity Secretary Central Region
1. Nandago Noeline, Holy Family SS – KALUNGU, 0783385122 /0755727798 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Colleagues, I am so glad that I have been given this opportunity to contest as a Publicity Secretary Central region to be part of the Executive Committee of the ICT Teachers Association of Uganda. TRUST ME WITH YOUR VOTES. NANDAGO NOELINE. VISION: Recognize the success of ICT training in raising the profile of ICT with in our schools and in enthusing teachers. Want students to become independent autonomous learners who are confident and competent using technology.
2. Mugagga Mesach, St.Bruno Sserunkuuma SS Ggoli Mpigi-Kammengo – MPIGI, 0704547478 and 0708266061 / email@example.com
Am Mugagga Mesach , a teacher of ICT/COMPUTER STUDIES St.Bruno Ssernkuuma SS Ggoli KAMMENGO-MPIGI.
3. Musanje Daniel , S Kakoma secondary school – RAKAI, 0774684888 firstname.lastname@example.org
Self driven and hardworking
Publicity Secretary Eastern Region
1. Yapkwobei Anne Grace, Nikita memorial s. S – NGORA, 0774399224 / email@example.com
I’m a Ugandan willing to work with all members.
2. Mabanja Ashiraf, St Mary’s senior secondary school-Butebo and Bilal islamic high school-Mbale , 0704577800 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Am mabanja ashiraf a teacher of ICT by profession. Am a member of ITAU from day one i can sa coz i attended the meeting which influenced the initiation of this platform of ITAU website n whatsapp groups so am committed n willing to serve ITAU wholeheartedly i call Upon yo support members and to ITAU my suggestion is lets organise atleast one regional workshop every year foe teachers of ICT and lets have a body setting examinations termly o during mocks n we shall promote it at our schools wea we teach
Publicity Secretary Northern Region
1. Odil Bob Innocent, Lango College – LIRA, 0779450295 / email@example.com
I am a self-motivated and willing to cooperate with all for ict literacy.
2. Abedi George, Aluka Secondary School – ZOMBO, 0780197650/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Greetings to you all the gallant ITAU vision bearers. It’s time for us to move and grow together as colleagues in the struggle. We can do much more when we come together, share in love and union. I stand in this position to serve and expand the impact of ITAU in northern region. Thanks. “Together against computer illiteracy”
Coordinator Western Region
1. Rukundo Ivan, Rweibaare Secondary School, SHEEMA DISTRICT, 0775209146 / email@example.com
Let’s join hands to fight against computer illiteracy.
Coordinator Eastern Region
1. Barasa Wandera Benard, Jinja SSS – JINJA, 0777770675/0754163183, firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is barasa wandera Benard,
qualified graduate teacher from the mighty Busitema university, bachelors
degree in science education, mathematics/ICT. Now teaching in the mighty school
I would like to thank every ITAU member for the cooperation and collaboration towards towards the success of this association. Together we shall be there. Thanks. I nominate myself for coordinator ITAU eastern region.
2. Muwandi Eddrine, Bulunguli seed ss – Bugweri, email@example.com
3. Wodudu Ivan, Mbale Comprehensive High School – MBALE, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator Northern Region
1. Opono Alex, ST. MARY ASSUMPTA GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL – ADJUMANI, 0784352067 / email@example.com
Hey members lets come together for a come course in kicking out computer illiteracy. Am too much interested in this position and hope we shall need the best for the region in terms of ict facilities. Kind regards and nice voting
Bunyoro Representative / Mobiliser (Buliisa, Hoima, Kiryandongo, Masindi, Kibaale)
1. Baguma Francis, ST. ALBERT SS KAKINDO – KAKUMIRO, firstname.lastname@example.org
BAGUMA FRANCIS is a teacher of ICT and computer studies currently teaching at St. Albert SS Kakindo Kakumuro district. Networking and togetherness can lift up our Association.
Toro Representative / Mobiliser (Ntoroko, Bundibugyo Kabarole, Kyenjojo, Kamwenge )
1. Kasule Bernard, Kyebambe Girls’ Secondary School, Fort Portal – Kabarole, 0773266345/ email@example.com
Kasule Bernard is my name contesting to be the representative Tooro region. I teach at Kyebambe Girls’ Secondary See in Fort Portal. I hold a bachelor’s degree in information technology and a Post graduate diploma in Education, been teaching since 2012. “Here for equality and represention”. Looking for your vote. Together Against Computer illiteracy
2. Mucunguzi Elizeus , Buryansungwe Sec School – KAMWENGE, 0782855963/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can acheive
Ankole Representative / Mobiliser (Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kasese, Kiruhura, Kyegegwa, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Sheema)
1. Katumusiime Kellen, Ryakasinga Che – SHEEMA, 0782718523 / email@example.com
Dear Comrades, I greet you all I am called Katumusiime Kellen , a teacher of physics and ICT from Ryakasinga Che. I very humbled to be in this platform and requesting for your support as a representative of Western region in ITAU. I look forward to promoting ICT in our region and the country at large. Together we can achieve for a better tomorrow. Thank you very much.
Kigezi Representative / Mobiliser (Kisoro, Kabale, Kanungu, Rukungiri)
1.Tumwesigye Wilber Edson, Currently went for further studies but will be coming back in May, to teach at St Jerome SS – RUKUNGIRI.. I am actually an examiner P1 S850. 0779811287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Joseph Mutabazi, Seseme Girl’s Secondary School – KISORO, 0787085065 / email@example.com
Empowering Technology solutions to young Ugandans.
Busoga Representative / Mobiliser ( Bugiri, Buyende, Iganga, Kaliro, Kamuli, Luuka, Jinja, Namayingo, Namutumba, Mayuge)
1. Mbwire Hassan, St. Henry’s College Mayuge – Mayuge, 0700369652 / 0778686172 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello colleagues, I Mbwire Hassan
kindly requests for your support and vote as the Mobilizer for Busoga.
2. Mudawa Charles Emmanuel, Busoga college mwiri – Jinja, 0777972516 / email@example.com
I’m Charles mudawa Emmanuel , I Teach ICT / CST at Busoga college Mwiri , I request you members to vote me for the post of Representative busoga Region , I believe in working with the people and for the people . I pledge to do my best for the Busoga region in terms of mobilization up to to the national level . Vote mudawa Charles for busoga region representative / mobilizer
Teso Representative / Mobiliser (Amuria, Bukedea, Kaberamaido, Katakwi, Kumi, Ngora, Serere, Soroti )
Okalang David, Ngora high school – Ngora, 0782660081 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bukedi Representative / Mobiliser (Pallisa, Kibuku, Budaka, Butaleja, Busia, Tororo)
- Musoke Noah, Kaamu Memorial College – KIBUKU, 0783903274 / email@example.com
Fellow teachers trust me with your mandate I will try to fullfill what is expected from me
Bugisu Representative / Mobiliser (Bududa, Bulambuli, Manafwa, Mbale, Sironko)
1. Wanzala Peter, Bugobero Hs – MANAFWA, 0784676670 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward for the development of our Association.
2. Clement Makoba, Butiru Christian College – MANAFWA, 0782835544/ email@example.com
Let’s do this
Sebei Representative / Mobiliser (Bukwa, Kapchorwa, Kween)
1. Namaswa Geoffrey Kibet, Gamatui Girls’ School – KAPCHORWA, 0789796556 / firstname.lastname@example.org
West Nile Representative / Mobiliser (Adjumani, Arua, Koboko, Maracha, Moyo, Nebbi, Yumbe, Zombo)
1. Pirwoth Bright, Erussi Sec. School – NEBBI, 0788529531 /email@example.com
Acholi Representative / Mobiliser (Nwoya, Pader, Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo)
1. Otim Justine, Archbishop Flynn Secondary School – PADER, 0773058383 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A straight forward man and a real mobiliser.
2. Opiro Robert, St.mary’s college Lacor – AMURU, 0777487776/ email@example.com
Lango Representative / Mobiliser (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Lira, Oyam, Otuke )
1. Vincent Ogwang, Otuke secondary school – Otuke,0777572287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Oloa Ambrose, Fatima Aloi Comp. Girls S.S – Alebtong, email@example.com
I am a graduate with Bachelors degree in ICT from Gulu University. I have been a teacher for ICT/Computer Studies for nearly six years so far. I was one of the participants of ITAU’s national assembly at Kololo S.S on the 6th and 7th September 2018, where we learnt quite a numbers of good issues concerning this association. Am therefore not a new member of the association. If voted, i will work tirelessly with the coordinators and other association committee members to see that all our Lango districts are coordinated and our schools are properly facilitated with ICT resources. May God bless u all.
Karamoja Representative / Mobiliser (Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Kotido, Moroto, Nakapiripirit, Napak)
1. Oluka John, Morulem Girls’ Secondary School – ABIM, 0783620824 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Am Oluka John aka The Man from Karamoja for those who have attended different workshops and in the last meeting we have was simply known as Dorm Captain. I teach in Morulem Girls Secondary School- Abim District and would love your support as a representative for Karamoja region. Being a lowly identified area of interest I will liance with the top executive to ensure once in a while regional trainings are put to our area too. I will too loby for different ways of ensuring Karamoja gets to the lime light of new technology through constant contacts. Thanks ur vote counts maata daadang ngun a Karamoja keere.
2. Timothy Obua David, Kaabong SS – KAABONG, 078760359 / email@example.com
To inspire and emphasis ICT skills and knowledge to all person willing and interested in computing safe worldwide
3. Obuku Denis, Kotido Senior Secondary School – KOTIDO, 0775248595 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Am at the center of all karamoja schools so it’s easier for us to get connected and converge
National Representative for People with Disabilities (PWDs)
1. Kangume Mark, Kashari Secondary senior school – MBARARA, 0705090711/0784466983 / email@example.com
To talk about ICT and disability connection
2. Muhaire Muhammed, Nabisunsa Girls’ School – Kampala, 0701132421/ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a simple, approachable and
innovative hard working down to earth ICT teacher and lover.
I have always emphasized my fellow minority Persons With Disabilities to embrace ICT to fit in the new changing digital world and I believe I can do a lot to help, encourage co-ordinate and support my fellow PWDs to achieve and prosper. I teach in a girls’ school and I have practically changed many girls’ attitudes towards computer studies as a subject and ICT as a life supporting necessary tool and I believe I can do the same to the PWDs of our nation.
I believe with ICT the world is a simple and enjoyable place to be and ask for your overwhelming support.
Thanks MUHAIRE MUHAMMED ICT
Congratulations to the members who have passed through unopposed! More information on the next steps will be sent to your emails.
Voting will be done online here on this website at ictteachersug.net/vote All ITAU members are eligible to vote, so long as they registered on this website at ictteachersug.net/register. The shortlisted candidates are free to campaign through the ICT teachers mailing list, whatsapp groups and google classroom. Voting will take 3 days starting on Saturday 2nd March, 2019 by 9:00am to Monday 4th March around 8:00pm.