- This event has passed.
ICT Teachers National Capacity Development Workshop 2019
May 6, 2019 @ 8:00 am - May 7, 2019 @ 5:00 pmUGX.50000
Download Workshop Invitation Letter in PDF here:[PDF] Invitation Letter ITAU Capacity Development Workshop 2019 (11 downloads)
This year’s capacity development workshop will focus on empowering the ICT Teachers to effectively manage school computer laboratories (including computer maintenance) and improving curriculum delivery in commonly challenging topics like programming, website design and advanced word processing. It will also be a networking opportunity for sharing resources, experiences and skills for effective, innovative and professional methods of work.
- The workshop fee is UGX 50,000 for non-residents or UGX 60,000 for residents. This fee is to cater for facilitation, materials, meals (breakfast, lunch and supper) and accommodation for the two days.
- Teachers are requested to confirm their participation by registering through the link cdw.ictteachersug.net for proper planning.
- Download Workshop Invitation Letter here:[PDF] Invitation Letter ITAU Capacity Development Workshop 2019 (11 downloads)
Embedded below are video highlights of last years capacity development workshop:
The tentative program of the workshop is out! Dowload using this link:2019 CDW Tentative Program (127 downloads)
🖱We shall be having parallel sessions on both days, in the computer lab and in the main hall.
🖱 A total of 17 distinguished facilitators have been carefully chosen and have confirmed to take us through the various sessions.
🖱 Special Arrangements for meals are being planned for our Muslim colleagues who are projected to be in Ramathan
🖱 Arrangements are being made for Collar T-Shirts to be made for members who will attend the national in-service ICT Teachers Capacity Development Workshop from Monday 6th to Tuesday 7th May 2019, at a cost of UGX 25,000. Please enter your name, Phone Number and size to book for a T-Shirt at tshirts.ictteachersug.net
Additional Message from Mr. Dumba Stephen:
- One of the topics to be presented will be Computer Lab Management including insights on NComputing.
- I request members to forward the challenges they face in the day today management of their computer labs so that we address these issues convincingly at the workshop.
- Also, attendees will be given all the software they need for their computer labs. Kindly forward your lists for early preparation.
- Ladies are encouraged to take part in this session.
- Schools may also invite their computer lab staff to attend.
Call for Sponsors
You are invited to support the the second annual national ICT teachers capacity development workshop (CDW) scheduled for 6th – 7th May 2019, organized by the ICT Teachers Association of Uganda (ITAU) and hosted by Kololo Senior Secondary School, Kampala.
This is an ideal way to demonstrate your organization’s commitment to promoting ICT education. The ICT Teachers Association of Uganda (ITAU) is championing the noble cause of fighting computer illiteracy and bridging the digital divide through continued empowerment and tooling of ICT teachers as change agents.
To sponsor this event, please visit this call for sponsors page.