RE: THE THINK INTERSCHOOL ICT SCHOOL CHALLENGE 2018
The think project was proposed by Sir Nicholus Munyagwa in 2014, as an initiate to uplift the stature of ICT, and Computer studies in Uganda. IN 2015 inter school ICT expeditions were started with much support from;
- UGANDA BRAODCASTING COPERATION,
- VISION GROUP
- UGAND ATELECOM
- REDPEPPER PUBLICTATION
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF ICT
- NAKAWA VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENNTER
- NOMO GALLERY NAKASERO
- UGANDA POLICE which provided free security and right of way during these expeditions.
Since 2014 the following schools have been very instrumental in supporting and facilitating a factor that has made the expedition successful.
- NAMAKWA SSS MUKONO
- BUGISHU HIGH SCHOOL MBALE
- MUKONO HIGH SCHOOL
- FAIRMONT HIGH SCHOOL
Main objective. To acknowledge the integration of ICT towards the improvement of Uganda’s education system through enhancing teacher collaboration, spike up learner creativity and exposure to ICT career opportunities.
The challenge is set to start in April with primaries and expected to stretch for Period of 3 to 4 months.
Sessions will be conducted from hosting schools which meet the minimum standards as set by the organizing body.
Sessions will be televised by our main carriers including Dream tv and Impact FM the official carriers and will also be streamed live on Uganda ICT Teachers website, Bedesoft.org, YouTube and other media sites.
Disclaimer. Dream TV is only responsible for Broadcasting the sessions, it’s not concerned with the type of the program or its contents and how its production.
Primary session segments setup
10 minutes . [radio talk show]
- Every school will have 5 participants in this segment. 1 being the Modulator and 3 to act as guest. And one to do the technical work where necessary.
- This segment will be a staged Radio talk show and a functional radio equipment will be availed strictly under the control of the participants (students).
- In this segment the participants are expected to discuss on a theme that will be provided not the discussion must be well modulated in line with broadcast standards.
20 minutes [hands on activity]
- In this segment 3 students will Collaborate and develop any solution using hardware and software, or demonstrate a solution they have already developed.
- The remaining time will be used in a jeopardy styled quiz, as well as a debate on a theme that will be provided.
The Joepady – Robin Round
The quiz will be conducted electronically. Teachers have received a copy of the template where multiple choice question style are to be set. These question swill be fed into the system. 500 questions will be fed into the system and using a Tablet or laptop or a smartphone as client learners will select a random number representing a question of their choice. Answered questions will be eliminated from the system.
This segment will sum up the entire session. Each of the three schools will be represented by a One Member who will either support the tabled motion or opposed it. This segment must be conducted in accordance to the Ugandans parliamentary procedure.
The show is anticipated to take about 1:45 minutes including adverts and commercial breaks. So we are expected be brief in our presentations to avoid inconveniences.
What are the requirements for a school to host the show?
- A specious room that can accommodate 50 people and our equipment. (A computer lab may be preferred)
- Utilities and Furniture to support the activities.
- A least 3 computers where training software will be installed. (laptops may be preferred).
Note. When a school is to host, Nearby participants I the same category will be informed in time.
The sessions will be conducted in 4 sections.
- Primary, where 4 schools will be competing and pass mark is 60 % to go the next level. knocked out.
- Intermediate: 3 schools will be competing at the same time and pass mark goes to 70% but one schools will be knocked out. 2 schools will be competing per row, pass mark 80% and one school will go through.
- Final stage. Finals stage preparations will have communicated in another release that will be delivered to the registered school. All outstanding performers will automatically get free gifts including Textbooks , Devices, and tickets to Participate in the 2018 expedition.
How to participate in the program
Every school that wishes to participate will contribute UGX 250,000. And then fill the registration form and send it to email@example.com. Upon receipt, an official invitation letter will be sent to the school with details and schedule of participation.
Every member who would love to participate in the Think ICT challenge, download the template of how questions to be asked, please fill it and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org, all your question swill be considered and will be included in our quiz system. Never mind, our system is intelligent enough to detect and eliminate duplicates.