The ICT Teachers Association of Uganda (ITAU) in conjunction with the department of I.C.T and Computer Studies of Hilton High School-Mukono with great pleasure invite your students to attend a grand seminar for A level Sub-ICT and O-level Computer Studies, scheduled for 30th/06/2019 at Hilton High School campus, 8:00 am – 5:00pm. This is the first students’ seminar to be organised by ITAU in the Central Region.
Each student shall contribute only UGX 5,000/= to cater for the facilities, materials and facilitation. Teachers without students shall be required to pay 10,000/= only at the entrance to cater for lunch and and other resources. The students will cater for their own lunch. Each teacher is also expected to receive a DVD for resources and materials used at the seminar. Teachers shall also get a discount basing on the number of students brought to the seminar.
The seminar is for both paper one and two, for the two different levels. The students shall have different sessions at different levels. Therefore don’t let your candidates miss this great opportunity aimed at enabling the best performance this year. ICT & CST Teachers also from the Central Region will also have a chance to interact and share resources under their umbrella of ITAU.
Much emphasis shall be given in the following applications, areas and topics
- Database Management Systems for both O and A-level
- Handling Support Files at A-level
- Elementary Programming using C at O-level
- Web Designing using Microsoft Expression Web and Ms Publisher.
- Understanding advanced word processing at A-level
- Question approach, common mistakes, question interpretation and answering skills in both 850/1 at A-level and 840/1 at O-level theory papers.
- Designing good presentations and publication at both levels.
- Use of functions, formula in Spreadsheets at both levels.
- Proper time utilization at all levels in the practical papers.
You can get the invitation letter from here ICT SEMINAR INVITATION LETTER 2019
The following facilitators have been confirmed to guide and facilitate our students during this seminar.
- Chief Facilitator Mr. Matovu David-Mpoma Schools Mukono
- Mr.Mukalele Rogers-Sharebility Uganda, Kololo S.S.S, National Coordinator-ITAU
- Mr.Mutyaba Daniel-Head of Department ICT &CST at Hilton High School.
- Mr. Maganda Moses-H.O.D _Seroma Christian Mukono
- Mr.Lukyamuzi Ronald-Vice-President of ITAU-HOD Sam Iga Memorial College-Maganjo
- Mr.Sserwadda George-Uganda Martyrs’ Secondary School Namugongo.
- Mr.Kibirige Peter-The Chairperson Central Region-H.O.D St.John S.S Mukono
For More Information, Please contact
Finance Secretary-Central Region – ITAU
c/o Hilton H S Mukono
(HOD ICT Dept) 0700446960 / 0773926787
Kibirige Peter Chairperson
ITAU Central Region
c/o St John’s SS Mukono
(HOD ICT Dept) 0779189296 [email protected]