Uganda National Examination Board (UNEB) is registering teachers who wish to apply for setting and invigilating National Examinations through the new UNEB Examiners & Scouts Management Information System (UESMIS) available at http://examinations.uneb.ac.ug. In the past, these applications have been manual offline but now.
Interested teachers should apply online between 01/06/2020 and 31/07/2020 to give ample time for the processing of their applications. There’re two categories of applicants: Scouts and Examiners for all levels (i.e PLE,UCE & UACE). The following are the guidelines for the applications:
- All applications for Scouts and Examiners are done online and using this system: http://examinations.uneb.ac.ug
- You must first login in before you apply.
- Click on the “SignUp” button to create your user account, if its your first time to use the system.
- Remember, sign up is done once, and you’ll use the same credentials whenever you’re using this system
- Upon successful sign up, the system will direct you to the login page, enter phone number and password which you used when you were signing up
- Incase you forgot your password, click on the yellow button
1) Credentials for applicants to be trained as UNEB Examiners
All Ugandans are eligible for recruitment as examiners as long as they fulfil the following sufficient conditions. They should:
- possess the required academic qualifications to train in the marking of the subject/paper of interest.
- have a thorough command of the subject content in the paper(s) of interest.
- Be a person of unquestionable integrity, with no past record of involvement in any form of examination malpractice.
Before you apply for consideration as a UNEB Examiner, please ensure that you have the following mandatory requirements:
- Latest coloured passport size photograph (taken in the past three months)
- Copy of your National Identity Card – from which you will obtain a National Identification Number (NIN).
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) – freely issued by Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
- Copies of your academic testimonials – from which you will obtain year(s) of sitting, year of Award and the Index Number(s). Details of your Bank Account Number on which your payments shall be deposited.
- Your contact postal address, personal telephone and email contacts for purposes of easy access
- Name, contact postal address, telephone and email contacts of your spouse or next of kin in case of emergencies.
- Recommendation from the City/District/Municipal Inspector of Schools for those applying to mark Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE), or Head of Department/Headteacher for those applying to mark UCE/UACE
- Statement of declaration, if you are already a UNEB examiner at any level of marking: PLE/UCE/UACE.
Credentials for Applicants for UNEB Scouting / Invigilation
A person wishing to serve as a UNEB Scout should apply online between January and June 30th of every year to give ample time for the processing of their application
All Ugandans are eligible for recruitment as UNEB Scouts/Monitors as long as they fulfil the following sufficient conditions. They should be:
- practising qualified and registered teachers.
- examiners who have diligently served UNEB for at least three years.
- seasoned scouts, Chief invigilators, setters, etc. who have rendered invaluable services to UNEB.
- practicing or retired educationists with a good track record of performance.
- persons of unquestionable integrity and honesty, with no past record of involvement in any form of examination malpractice.
- knowledgeable and conversant with the regulations on the conduct of examinations.
- able to exercise good judgement and take correct decisions on matters regarding field conduct of the examinations..
UNEB Dispels Social Media messages on Online National Examinations
UNEB released a statement last Friday saying that a fake social media account in its name is spreading fake information that the exams body will consider online exams if the coronavirus lockdown continues.
In a statement, UNEB’s executive secretary Dan Nkorach Odongo said:
“It has come to the attention of the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) that there are some unscrupulous people operating a fake social media account in the name of UNEB, and are circulating fake information to the effect that UNEB is likely to consider conducting online Examinations if conditions persist.
“UNEB disassociates itself from such fake information and informs the public that online conduct of examinations has not been considered as an option.
“UNEB shall wait for guidance from the Ministry of Education and Sports on the re-opening of schools and subsequent conduct of examinations.”