Activity 1 Logging into your site’s cPanel
- Open your browser an in the address bar type www.yourwebsite.tk/cpanel
- Enter the details that were sent to your e-mail and then click Log in. You get something similar to this. (Don’t lose the cPanel details.)
Activity 2 Installing WordPress
- Inside cPanel, scroll down to Software and click on Softaculous Apps
- Click on WordPress and choose Install Now.
- Under Software Setup do the following:
Choose any of the protocol and remove the wp
- Under site settings enter your site name eg. E-zone School of Computing and site description e.g. a motto Education is the key.
- Under Admin Account leave the admin user name as admin but set a password for your site. Leave the email part as it is.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Install. You will get a congratulatory message.
Your website is now on the internet. Go to your browser and type www.mysite.tk and press enter. It may appear funny but that is just a beginning. You’ll get the desired look of it once you choose a theme.
This article was made possible with the permission of Stephen Dumba of E-zone School of Computing and co-ordinator ICT Teachers Association for Central Region.