Future Code Club is a nonproﬁt initiative dedicated to providing teens between ages 9 to 18 years access to computer programming skills through hour of code, after-school and weekend programs.
Recently a team from Future Code Club found my contact as ITAU National Coordinator and sought an appointment to meet me to discuss about how they can partner with the ICT Teachers Association of Uganda.
Future Code Club believe that digital skills are tools of empowerment, and their curriculum inspires the next generation to get excited about computing and digital making. The world is changing, and young people should be ready for the future!
Future Code Club are here to make sure that all young girls, boys and children with disabilities have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in the digital world. The photo gallery below was taken during one of their sessions at Lubiri Secondary School, and they are currently reaching out to partner with more schools countrywide.
To expose all teens in Uganda to computer science concepts through interactive activities that enable them to build their own games, animations, mobile apps and websites.
Introduce code clubs in at least 100 schools in Uganda within a period by 2021
To equip every teen with skills, conﬁdence and opportunity to harness the power of technology to achieve economic and personal fulﬁllment in shaping their world.
Future Code Club’s Programs
- School Code Club: This is an after school one hour coding program that is fun and interactive. Every child will have the opportunity to learn computer science skills which help nurture problem- solving skills, logic, and creativity.
- #CodeForChange:We champion working and learning together, inspire discovery and innovation through play and believe in the transformational power of programming.
- Weekend Code Club:Weekend code club is a fun packed weekend coding program. Teens engage in a fun tech day experience that exposes them to creative and interactive ways to learn digital skills.
- Hour of Code: This is a National movement by Future Code Club reaching 12,000 students across the nation through a one-hour introduction to computer science and computer programming.
- Teacher Code Workshops:We believe all teachers can teach coding. Teacher Code Workshops are designed to help teachers and volunteers with little-to-no coding experience teach coding fundamentals with conﬁdence!
- Code Taxi!:This is a code club van moving across the country and bringing hands-on, interactive technology education and learning opportunities to all regions of the country.
- Plot 24 Muwafu Curve, Semawata Rd. Ntinda
- Oﬃce: +256 704 462 803
- Tel: +256 787 348 693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.futurecodeclub.org
You can also fill in this contact form so that they can contact you directly for more inquiries.
Article by Mukalele Rogers
National Coordinator – ITAU 2018-2020
0776960740 / 0706060740